BD announced general availability of the latest software release of Pyxis™ ES System, delivering patient safety and workflow benefits for health systems’ medication management.
Key innovations and enhancements in the new software version include:
- Advanced server scalability and optimization to meet the needs of growing health systems with flexible deployment options and centralized database management features.
- Expanded return and waste processes to support patient safety and clinical efficiency with workflow, documentation and interface enhancements.
- Support for advanced half-height CUBIE™ drawers and pockets, bringing enhanced security and reliability to the flexible storage space and configurability options for which CUBIE technology is known.
- New Medication Label Module that can print a patient-specific medication label upon removal to support patient safety and compliance with Joint Commission requirements. Proper medication labeling can help reduce medication errors, missing doses, and waste caused by mislabeled, open multi-use medications.
- Enhanced server functionality to provide more flexibility through medication configuration and user permissions, plus improved reporting features. These features support system and data security as well as medication safety and standardization.
The Pyxis ES platform promotes a patient-centric healthcare model, leveraging healthcare information technology systems and Active Directory integration to enable a single health system formulary, simplified identity management and workflow enhancements. The platform enables pharmacists to manage medications remotely and eliminate redundant tasks. Nurses can readily access secured medications using safe, simple workflows centered on the patient.
A press release can be found here.